Sunday, August 26, 2012

Friends are more important than money

    So this weekend was the weekend of the friend! My husband has been quite busy with his thesis and I have been on this "Just say Yes!" kick, so I booked my weekend up! I made plans with my friend Jess about a month ago to go horseback riding Saturday (she has a very demanding job so we have to book our dates in advance). We originally planned on going to Hall Ranch but had to change our plans last minute due to the road to the trail was also the same route for the USA Pro Cycling Challenge ( the US equivalent of Tour de France) so all the roads would be closed down to traffic. We decided on a place neither one of had been called Rabbit Mountain. Formerly called "Rattlesnake Mountain", but a name change due to obvious reasons! The trail was very beautiful, although not comparable to Hall Ranch, nonetheless it was pleasing. The trail was VERY rocky and Cracker had just been shod a few days before and was still tender-footed so we didn't actually ride too far. Instead we did a 3 mile loop and found a grassy area to park for lunch and generally just caught up on each other's lives! Saturday night I met my friend Soley at her place and we shared a bottle of champagne and then went to our new favorite hangout. We got so caught up chatting that when the lights came on as the bar was closing I had to laugh because I can't remember the last time I closed a bar down! I had already decided to crash at her place ahead of time, and the taxi wait was one hour so we just walked back. Boulder is such a college town, the streets were literally crawling with drunken students acting a fool and up to general shenanigans. I had to laugh again as I was reminded how much I am NOT into the college scene anymore, although 5 years ago I probably would have acted just as these kids were. Man I'm getting old! There was one particular college-esque activity I welcomed, and that was a giant piece of greasy cheese pizza! Nothing like pizza at 3am for your sobering walk home! We had planned on getting breakfast the next morning, but due to the late night we rain checked that! I did, however, on the way home find this cool little bagel shop so I picked Arni and I up some delicious bagels with lox and capers..yum! Hmm I must be hungry all I seem to be talking about is food in this post!! I left my husband to his studies after breakfast and met up with Nina for a pedicure. We had a good laugh reading the names of the new fall colors (Nina is German) "Deutsch You Want Me Baby? ,Danke-Shiny Red, Suzi & the 7 Düsseldorfs, Unfor-greta-bly Blue, and German-icure by OPI" I went with "Deutsch You Want Me Baby". I left with some new tootsies and a satisfied feeling. It was nice to have a whole weekend full of friend dates. So tonight Arni and I are cleaning and generally getting things ready for his parents visit. Oh and of course watching Sunday football! So happy weekend everyone and I'll attach some pictures from this weekend!






No comments:

Post a Comment