Friday, August 17, 2012

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

    So once again I proved to myself that I am a blonde... err that maybe I don't think things through! Today was my day off (happy dance). I decided it would be a GREAT idea to take a run to the barn to feed my horses. Two birds with one stone, right? I have ridden my bike quite a few times and it usually takes about 30 minutes. Just to be on the safe side I decided to map it out on Google;1 hour 39 minutes; doable. So I loaded my camelbak and hit the road, only to discover it took me 1 hr and 15 minutes to get there, one way. I even jogged the whole time! I then had to feed, clean stalls, waters and take a quick rest to re-charge. I was prepared that the journey home would take a while, but seeing how most of it was downhill (I suffered the uphill trek on the way there), I figured I could shave some time off.  I made it 3/4 the way home and I decided I needed to walk because my legs were super fatigued. I kept thinking, man I must be super slow or  just having a bad work out day, because after all I was at double the time google said it would take! I got home and was E-X-H-A-U-S-T-E-D! You know it wasn't until Árni got home when were sitting on the balcony discussing our day, I was voicing my frustration with my performance, and he says"'Yeah, but that is just one way on google." DOH! I didn't double the trip, like the genius I am, I ran twice the amount I thought I did. Well, I didn't feel too smart after that but I did feel proud! I ran 10 miles!!!! That is the longest run I have ever done! So hey, maybe being a blonde paid off!! I'm feeling pretty strong now, and as I was getting ready for our date night tonight I put on a pair of jeans I haven't worn since Christmas, at which point I had to stuff myself into like a burrito and THEY FIT!!!! So as I conclude this blog tonight I am going to attach my "I FEEL STRONG" photo!



1 comment: