Sunday, August 19, 2012

HEY Batter Batter

  The Rockies won today... on a Sunday!!! So they have been playing something awful bad this season and legend has it they lose every Sunday game, so imagine our surprise when they actually pulled it off! It was a good time, even if we are not the biggest baseball fans out there. Our friends live downtown, literally within walking distance of the field, so we walked from their place to Lola's, where we had brunch and then to the game. We scalped some cheap tickets and then got into a pretty good section because our friends knew the usher!
    The problem with weekends is they go by entirely too fast. Friday night I had a "husband date" and we saw the movie "Hope Springs". Well, he begrudgingly went and ended up liking it more than I even! Saturday we hung around being lazy and Saturday night I went to a jewelry party and caught up with some former coworkers followed by a "girl date" with my friend Soley. We met up in Boulder and had a good gab session over a couple cocktails. As much as I love our action filled weekends when we hike, bike, or ride I adore weekends we get to catch up with friends and be social.
    Sunday night starts the prep for another long work week, and my poor husband has to have 40 pages of his thesis turned in by Friday. We will both be glad when he is finished with this and we can have our evenings back together. Until then, I'll continue blogging, reading and meeting up with friends... no so bad! I'll end this post with a couple of pictures from today!



No comments:

Post a Comment