Friday, April 29, 2011

Gleðelega Páska!

Also known as Happy Easter! Well at least I hope everyone had a fantastic holiday! We certainly did. We had our fabulous friends Bryan and Ana Marie come stay with us for a week. Although the weather could have been better ( I swear they brought the FL rain with them!) we still managed to have a grand time. It even snowed for them, how magical... Well for them at least, I am OVER IT! Somebody please inform Colorado that it is spring time :) for Easter day I cooked a traditional English supper in honour of my grandmother and of course the royal wedding! I made roast beef, Yorkshire pudding with potatoes, carrots and gravy. Dessert included butterfly cupcakes, mincemeat tarts, scones and lemon bars. I ran out of time or I would have made hot cross buns on good Friday. My grandmother would have been proud! All in all there were 8 of us. My German friend and her husband, the two Icelanders, husband and myself and our two Florida friends ( Columbian and Italian) so we certainly had an international Easter! Sóley brought me my first ever Nóa súkkulaði egg, which is a chocolate egg filled with candy and a fortune ( in Icelandic) and I was beyond excited for that! We stayed up to the wee hours playing games and rocking out guitar hero style! For my first ever holiday away from family, I can say it was fantastic, as I am quickly learning friends make a fine family :D
As for some day to day updates, I finished all my final exams :: does happy dance:: and passed my classes! Two weeks off until I start my next two classes, so I am going to work my bootay off and make some dough. My good friend Debbie will be here in 2 weeks and I'm pretty stoked to see her pretty face! I miss my friends terribly and hope they all come visit soon.
I will post some pictures soon from Easter and the time spent with my friends which they were here, but now I am going to watch the Royal wedding, as I have recorded it and have been waiting patiently and also avoiding all media at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment