Monday, September 17, 2012

To taste the sweet salty air...

    What a crazy few weeks we have had! My in-laws left on Friday, we had a good visit with them. I hope to be able to post more often now, although sometimes I just don't have anything very interesting to talk about. I figure it's better to post less often with something good to talk about then everyday with mindless rants. Don't worry though, I will never stop my mindless rants completely =).

    I guess I'll tell you about our weekend. Saturday we drove to Golden to meet up with new friends Erin and Rob. I've actually known Erin for a while now through work, but this was the first time meeting her husband, and the first time Arni met either. We went to the Coors brew tour, which we have actually done before, but love doing plus it's free! Originally we wanted to do the New Belgium tour in Ft. Collins, but after looking at their website and realizing that every single Saturday from now until next year are booked solid, we decided to stay local. I guess we will wait until next year to do that tour. Anyway we enjoyed our free beers at the end of the tour and I got to try the pumpkin ale (Loved It!). After the tour we walked downtown and had a mouthwatering bison burger. Turns out Rob is quite a funny guy and when he told me Erin was a "Woo" girl (How I met your mother reference aka one of my favorite shows) I knew we would be friends.


  My husband. He's special.



 Erin and Rob doing the wedding toast



 We are goobers!

Enjoying out Saturday!

   Since Arni is so busy with completing his thesis, I really only get one of the weekend days to spend with him and the other has to be devoted to writing. That's okay though because I have established friendships with some really great girls. It is just a bonus they also enjoy spending time outdoors like I do. I spent the first half of Sunday at the barn. I rode Cracker and gave them both baths =) I love my barn time, it is definitely my me time. In the afternoon I drove to Boulder to meet up with some friends to hike Mt. Sanitas. This hike is one I have done many times, It's relatively short (2 hrs) but quite challenging on the way up because it's pretty much like walking stairs. I was pleased though because it wasn't as hard as last time I hiked it, so that much mean I am getting stronger! What a great weekend I had. My quality of life has certainly improved since moving to Colorado, which is pretty amazing considering I grew up in Florida. Next weekend we are going to try to either hike or ride in the mountains somewhere to see the Aspens changing color. I also have a flight back home very soon which I am looking forward to. It will be nice to see some friends and I am most certainly going to visit the ocean. I do miss the salty air. Well until next time folks!



No comments:

Post a Comment