Wednesday, January 21, 2015

zzzzZZZZZzzzzzZZZZ

Yep you got it, sleep. That is pretty much the only thing I dream of now days. I suppose this is a new parent right of passage we must all survive, but dern I can't wait for it to be over! On a good day/night Leifur will sleep in 2 1/2-3 hr increments on a bad night I'd rather not say. Friends just keep passing on words of encouragement and hope (even if it is a fib!) We will make it! The best thing though, is he is just so stinkin cute! Especially now than hes getting chunkier, I just want to kiss all over his double chins! The only time in life being toothless and having thigh rolls is cute. We are looking forward to Grandma Kitty's visit next week and Amma and Afi's visit in March. We also booked a flight to Florida in the spring, message me for dates! Leifur (and mommy) can't wait to see the ocean and have some warmth.
     I can't believe how fast these weeks are passing, my maternity leave has just over one month left and I'm sure that will fly by too. I hope we have some sort of routine established by the time I get back to work, because right now the routine is there is no routine! I have been getting braver and going on more outings sans Arni lately. Every time I do it, it gets a little easier. Our first trip was just to run a few errands and I swear I held my breath every time he made any little squeak! We also made a trip to the Ice Hockey rink to watch Arni and Johan practice and finally I went to a newborn class yesterday, which was surprisingly fun. I met some other new moms and the kiddos were all so cute interacting with each other. Of course, Leifur was unimpressed and slept the whole time, I also think going to groups like this is good for me, because I am still nervous about breastfeeding outside of the comforts of my home. Not because I am a modest person so much as I am just not super coordinated at it! We are both learning and will get better with time.
    This past weekend our friends came for a visit, which was really nice. They brought us snacks from Trader Joes, took us out to lunch and made us breakfast! I guess we traded out with baby cuddle time. Saturday, Arni and Johan went to open skate where they practiced some Hockey drills while Caitlyn, Leifur and I watched and then we all went downtown to Lyons's for a sandwich and ice cream. We played some board games that evening and ate Icelandic hot dogs. Sunday we all relaxed over coffee and a hockey game, The plan was to go into the hot tub as well, that is until we realized the circuit blew and the whole thing was frozen.. oops! Obviously we have had other things on our minds. It was a great weekend and we look forward to future visits.







Book Club with the ladies

Caitlyn wanted to ride through the snow =)



Caitlyn made this play mat for Leifur! It has little viking ships on it!



No comments:

Post a Comment