Saturday, February 5, 2011

I'm ready for some football!

Superbowl weekend has arrived! The Mecca of football season and a good reason to party! The hubby and I will be having our own party/ study weekend, but it will still include Coors beer ( of course!) buffalo chicken dip, meatballs, BBQ ribs and bread dip... Ya know all that yummy artery clogging crap! So things have gotten better here in Colorado. I'm finally over what I am convinced was the flu, have made a couple friends and most importantly.... I got a job! Aaaaannnddd my pay is waayyyyy better than what I was making in Florida! So that other hospital I interviewed for can kiss it, because this one hired me on the spot! So I will be starting in the next couple weeks. I am excited because I'll get to meet some more people and have some stuff to do, to get me out of the house... But most importantly, I'll have some income so I can get my horses shipped to colorado. I miss their fuzzy noses! Giselle absolutely loves it here, she enjoys our hikes.. But she's not too keen on the snow... Speaking of snow, as beautiful as it is, and trust me it is, it's also cold and wet and people slide all over the road, way worse than the Florida monsoons I am used to. Last week it was high of -9F! I don't think I had even ever felt weather that cold before. When you took a deep breath outside your nostrils would literally freeze! So thanks to all my Florida friends for reminding me every time they go to the beach or pool... I'll remember that when you are drenched in sweat come August.... It has been snowing everyday here, but the good news is it doesn't last all day and melts away within a few days. Today started off fairly warm* warm being ~42F but now its cold and flurries. I remember being in Iceland and someone telling me " Don't like the weather? Wait 5 minutes!" it's kind off like that here too.

It is breathtaking waking up to the Rockies everyday here, I still have not gotten used to that and I hope I never do! I look forward to seeing some friends for a visit and my future trips back home when I starting missing the sea air! Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment