Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mile high city is high

You might be wondering about the title of this blog. Well, maybe not Denver specifically, but Boulder... My oh my there is certainly some granola crunching hippies! Actually, after walking out on my balcony for some "fresh air" and got a whiff of something else! And I thought Florida was bad! Anyway besides that little bit of info week one went off without a hitch. I wish it was more exciting, but really it just consisted of me unpacking, hacking up a lung, more unpacking, sofa shopping, hacking up another lung, getting the run around from a hospital that won't return my calls and MORE unpacking! No wonder why I am so exausted! The good news is we are 90% unpacked. Just have some final organizing and cleaning to do. I haven't ventured out too much because I have been so sick... Pretty miserable actually, but I think I may be starting to turn the corner towards health again! My three classes have kept me quite busy, but being that they are all online, that keeps me in the house too. It will be worth it when I am done though! I did make a friend (yippee!) and she took me out shopping and then DH and I met her and her DH for dinner at a Moroccan restaurant. What a neat experience that was! When you enter they ask you to remove your shoes and then they sit you at these low lying tables where you sit on pillows. They wash your hands with rose water and then bring out the five course meal that you share and eat with your fingers! It's a very messy but very fun experience! It's definitely on my to do list for friends that come into town. I hear on the weekend they have belly dancers and the waiters to tricks and stuff. As for the job hunt, I am being very impatient and I know I am not much good to anyone unless I rest up and get better, but I want a job! I like having money to spend, I like having something to do and be needed. But most of all I want a job so I can afford to have my horses here with me! I miss then so much. I am certainly not a homebody. Other news is I found a local horse club and I am going to go to the annual meeting next month! It will be nice to be involved and meet some other horsey people. Annnnnnd last but not least, I had my first ever driving in the snow experience! Wow. Scary! Not so much the snow but ice. My windshield was iced up to the point I only had one small section to see out of, despite my defroster being on full blast. DH was in class so I could not get a hold of him so I text our native Coloradan friend Clay, about what to do. He responds by saying "Easy, reach your hand out the window grab your windshield wiper and snap it so the ice falls off!" uhhh... Driving down the highway? I think not! Needless to say I cut my trip short and headed home. I'm sure I will get better with time. Well that's it for now, gonna go cook my honey some dinner :)

No comments:

Post a Comment