Sunday, October 6, 2013

Europe 2013- Part 1 ICELAND

     This summer Arni and I went on a holiday to Denmark and Germany. Additionally, I stopped over in Iceland for a few days and then met up with my husband at Keflavik airport. This made my trip to Iceland #5, and my first time to Denmark and Germany. What a lovely lovely time we had!

     I arrived in Iceland on a red eye, where I was met in Keflavik by my in laws. They took me back to their condo in Reykjavik, where I caught a few hours sleep and then woke up to do some exploring. We had a nice stroll downtown, where I bought a few gifts. We also grabbed a bite to eat at the famous SS Pylsur and went to a nice museum. Anna Marie brought me some really cool black bird eggs from the Island of Grimsey . She boiled them up for us and they were quite tasty. The yolk was red/orange and quite large and the white was almost translucent when boiled.



A visit to the Harbor

Svartfuglsegg 






     The following day we all hiked Esja near Reykjavik. The weather was cool, rainy and grey, pretty typical Iceland. I loved every minute!












No comments:

Post a Comment