Monday, December 9, 2013

Negative What?!


 Two days and counting and my brother will be here, 13 days and my mom will be here! Now it's time to get in the Christmas spirit. I did a little baking today, Arni and I are going to hang some lights this week and next weekend we will head to Fort Collins to cut down a Christmas tree. Now if the snow would only stick around.... While Arni was in Denmark this past week we actually had a big storm come though bringing snow and freezing temperatures. I think one night got down to -15F/-26C BRRRRR! With highs only reaching about 6-10 degrees during the day its been a pretty frigid week. I actually had to go buy Cracker another blanket, as he was shivering even with his current one on. After three years here I have adapted to the cold pretty well, as have my horses, but days like that are just miserably cold, I don't care where you are from! One thing I can say is I definitely appreciate my husband, because when he is gone I have to dig my own car out of the snow, which sucks. To not have a garage in Colorado is just crazy. The point is, my husband is the best and he does nice things like de-ice my vehicle for me, it's the little things folks. I've attached a few pictures from the last couple weeks.


Our first time at Boulder Dinner Theater, we saw Monty Pythons Spamalot, this is us with the wooden rabbit.



Both of these Icelanders decided to wear their Lopapeysa, I suppose they were feeling very patriotic this night!
Lita loves the snow, Cracker is still a Florida boy.


Staying warm


    
Catilyn and I riding at Flat Irons Vista

A nice spot to stop for lunch

The view we had for lunch

No comments:

Post a Comment