Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Grandma Kitty's visit

    A few weeks back we had the first of the grandparents visit, my mom. We actually surprised her at the airport with Leifur. She thought Arni was just going to drive down and pick her up, but instead we arranged to stay with friends for the weekend and pic her up in the morning. She was shocked! The was Leifs first trip to Denver and he did amazing. he slept the whole way there and then was an angel for us. My mom stayed one week and spent many hours cuddling with her grandbaby, giving me a few extra precious hours to sleep in. She also accompanied me to his first set of shots for moral support haha. In between baby cuddles and kisses we managed to ride horses through the snow, go to a painting class, take Leifur on a few outings and go to the hot springs. During her visit he started lifting his head up and smiling which were both milestones. Glad she got to witness that. Right now Arni's parents are here for a visit and I am back to work, more blogs later!

   On other news, we finally went downhill skiing for the first time this season and it was terribly fun! I forgot how much I missed it. We have been cross country skiing a few times, which is also fun, but downhill is by far my favorite! We will try to go once or twice more before all the snow melts. It is spring time here for sure! We have been enjoying tee shirt weather, the horses are losing their thick winter coats and I see little buds of grass poking up here and there. I can't wait for warm weather! The funny thing is at the end of each season I am so ready for the next. As much as I love summertime, at the end I can't wait for the snow to arrive, and about now I can't wait for the snow to melt! We are also very excited for our Florida trip and we also have a trip planned for San Diego. Brett and Sarah will drive down from their place to see us and meet their nephew for the first time. Leifur will be a fine little traveler, anyone who knows his parents well won't be surprised about that!














No comments:

Post a Comment