Monday, May 18, 2015

San Diego

 Recently we went to San Diego for 5 days. Arni had a conference to go to so Leif and I decided to come along and do some sight seeing as well as see my brother and his girlfriend whom live about 2 hours away. It wasn't quite as warm as we'd hoped so we didn't get to go swimming but we did catch a lot of sights. Leifur and I went to San Diego zoo and the aquarium. His first time to either. He slept during most of the zoo, which I also really enjoyed, what a great zoo. Then Leifur and I decided to explore and went to Cabrillo National Monument and then drive down to the tide pools. The Pacific coast is breathtakingly beautiful. The cliffs and edges, the foamy powerful waves making giant splashes, the cool salty air, everything.... amazing! I put him in the carrier and we hiked down to the pools. What a good baby I have, he just goes along with anything I do. The aquarium he absolutely LOVED! All the lights and movement, he was mesmerized. The next day  The also had this really cool kelp exhibit which I enjoyed.  When Brett and Sarah arrived we went down to Children s Beach in La Jolla to see the seals and sea lions. Another really cool experience, I've actually never seen a seal other than at the zoo, so I felt like a kid again too! After that we all went to a really cute bakery in La Jolla and we walked around the very sweet town. Brett had Leifur in the carrier and he soon fell asleep on his chest. I think both nephew and Uncle enjoyed this bonding time. We also went to the coast and hiked at Torrey Pines State Park. Another excellent place to visit! Hiking along the cliffs with an ocean view, can't beat it. At the end of the day, they took me to experience an acai bowl, which I am totally hooked on now, and then we all came back to our hotel to hang out and go to the hot tub to relax. Sarah and I took turns holding Leifur so the other could enjoy the water. We ended the night with a few beers and pizza and just talking back at the hotel while Leif slept. We really enjoyed visiting with them and were sorry it was over so quickly.

This was Leifur's second flight and he did super well again. Let's hope the streak continues for our trip next month to Washington DC. Leifur will be getting his Icelandic passport and Arni will get his renewed, My little viking a dual citizen already! I was reflecting back on how my very first flight wasn't until I was 15, when we flew to Maryland, and then not another until I was an adult. Of course wanderlust bit me and I haven't stopped since, and Leifur has two under his belt before 6 months old! I really hope he likes traveling as much as I do, I want him to experience the WORLD!















Trying his first food, bananas

My big guy is 5 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment