Sunday, November 21, 2010

I wanna be Sedated!

Living better chemically, that should be a nurses motto! Anyway so the discussion on traveling with pets came up between the hubs and I on the way home from work tonight. To sedate or not sedate? Hmm... have never actually flown with pets before. So when I don't know the answer to something, I google ( I should have stocks in google). Looks like its a nay to sedatives, but I learned some tips: "Second, make sure the carrier you choose is large enough for your pet to be able to turn around in and be comfortable for the long flight. Third, try to make sure it is a non-stop flight to ensure that your pet does not get lost"      Yes, lets NOT lose my dog! Anyway, I'm still a little lost about the whole process and I am open for help from others who have traveled with pets, aka dog and cat, on an airplane before. I'm pretty sure I have to get a health certificate and proof of rabies 
$$cha-ching$$ and then it is $75 per animal, even if we are taking them as our carry on $$CHA-CHING!$ Are you bleeping kidding me Southwest?! Talk about bending me over, my purse takes up more room than my poodle!  So this whole Colorado thing better work out because I am NOT moving again.. haha (I haven't even moved yet and I am already bitching =P  My poor poor husband)

Update on the move and job hunt:

Talked to an ER Clinical Coordinator who is a friend of a friend, she hooked me up with some managers names for a Boulder Hospital. I applied for an ICU and OR position today, so lets hope something pans out. The OR is a four 10 hr shift.. not sure what I think about that, but operating room might be cool? 

2 comments:

  1. We flew our dog from Finland when we came, so if there are any questions I can help with, do ask. I don't know about the local paper requirements etc, but I do some about the practicalities. You're right, no sedatives. And btw, those prices are cheap, from Finland the flight was 400 euros, plus of course all the vet bills..

    Good luck with the job hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emilia, thanks for the input! I have never traveled in a plane with the critters before. 400 euros.. ouch! Ok, maybe I won't complain as much =) Did you bring your dog as your carry on? Or under the plane? I think my dog will be okay, and quiet.. but not sure about the cat.. hoping he doesn't meow the whole trip! At least its only 3 1/2 hours. This may be a silly question.. but do they stick the dog through the scanner?!

    ReplyDelete