Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Go with the Wind!

The holidays are here! Our last holidays as Florida residence. I started off Turkey day by doing a 2 hour hot yoga class.. holy moose tracks that was the hardest thing I ever did! I went back and forth from feeling nauseous to light headed back to some nausea to seeing stars to being DONE! It was awesome! Thanksgiving was uber good, dinner at my parent's house included a lovely bird with all the traditional sides! This year I made my famous apple pie, always successful and I decided to try an orange pecan pie. Hmm, was okay, but not quite the consistency I was hoping for. Eventually I will master the pecan pie. My sweet potato casserole was smack yo momma good! Really Paula Deen herself would be jealous... After stuffing ourselves silly and learning what a "Douche bag Delux" was on Urban Dictionary (teeheehee) the family all retreated to the sofa for a 007 marathon; the boys were delighted. I surpassed all Black Friday shopping this year in exchange for a smashing good time in Ocala, FL for a Cross Country horse show with my crazy silly but OhSoFun horse friends. There is nothing like the feeling of a full out gallop through a field and jumping crazy jumps along the way. There is always that air of danger that makes it so exciting. This is an event that in order to show, you have to wear a safety vest, helmet, and wear an arm band with your health info and blood type on it; ya know.. in case you get thrown and knocked out =P So it was not only my last show for the year, but possibly with my friends and the last one for a long time. Not sure how often I can afford to come back to FL to show. Plus I eventually want to move my horses out west with me. But it was a good show none the less! We all learned some very interesting things whilst camping... haha ha, most of them referencing from Jersey Shore. I'll try to post some pics of the show later. Much to Arni's protest, I got our Christmas tree up and decorated! He says "It's not even December yet!" I say "Who cares Thanksgiving is over!" Of course I won that one ;) we may not go all out on house decorations this year because I really just can't see us having time. I have officially 2 weeks of work left and like 5 weeks until we move! Crazy!!! We are flying out the 3rd week of December to find a place to live. We'll have 4 days do or die! No playing around or being picky. I've also arranged to tour some farms while Arni is at work. Here's to hoping the weather will permit that, and that I will be able to DRIVE IN THE SNOW! Not gonna lie, a little nervous about that, but I figure Hey I'm a Florida girl, I can go 70 mph in a monsoon while the tourists do 35 mph with their flashers on, I should be able to handle a little snow! We may have to upgrade to a 4x4 but we will see if I can get by with my truck for now. So some more updates on the job hunt: I mailed my resume directly to 3 managers at a Boulder hospital and applied for two travel agencies today.  I am going to see what they have to offer me. Would be nice to get a big pay check AND a living compensation! Staying Optimistic! Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment