Wednesday, January 5, 2011

recap on 2010

Leaving Friday the 14 :) /:( hmm.. Still hasn't sunk in I guess?? Hubby and I have started the daunting process of packing...not fun! BUT on the bright side everyone should be required to pack at least once a year just to clean out and eliminate all the crap we own! Our lives would be so much simpler. Right now our house looks like WWIII blew up in it! My type A personality is screaming inside! Currently we are sitting on lawn chairs playing Red Dead Redemption on our PS3. This is what us (unemployed) and out of school folk do! Actually I am currently not complaining because it has been about 12 years since I have not had a job, at first it was strange, but it has been nice because I know it is only short term. Kinda like an extended vacation... Very extended... So hubs and I planned out our trip on google maps- 1 day and 6 hrs.. In good traffic! More like 2 days. We have a 26 ft Penske truck that we are going to switch back and forth driving. Hoping to either stop in St. Louis, MO or Nashville, TN.Missouri if we make good time, Tennessee if we get slowed down. Hoping to not hit too much bad weater aka snow on the way. LUCKY US we get to drive all the way through the ever exciting Georgia, cross Tennessee, nip off Missouri, and then begin the long decent into tornado valley aka KANSAS! God help me to stay sane and not kill my husband, oh and please help the pigmies in new guinea! DH job is to download LOTS of music and movies to my iPad. Did I mention we are driving with a dog and cat too? Haha well, I guess it's an adventure to say the least! Be looking for regular blog updates along the way to keep myself entertained!

So as for our day to day life, we spent new years with great friends, eating, drinking, making Finnish pancakes, and lighting fireworks! So much fun :) We celebrated ny husbands 28th birthday with a low key dinner with friends. I got him the Avatar blue ray and he treated
himself to a new video game. Our baker friend Beth ( check her blog out bakedbybeth.blogspot.com )made a fantastic raspberry cake for DH and we all had a big bowl of white bean chili, perfect for the cold evening! I can surely say 2010 was one of the, if not, the best years ever! I got to marry the love of my life, had friendships that grew even stronger, put some miles in e saddle, and grew in my career. Here's to hoping 2011 can blow away 2010!

No comments:

Post a Comment