Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's weekend

Hey Lovers! We had a pretty swell sweetheart's weekend, hope you guys did too! It was nice that the holiday landed on a Friday this year, so we pretty much had the whole weekend to celebrate. On Friday night we rented red box movies and pretty much binged on chocolate and wine. On Saturday I took the viking to High Tea at The Brown Palace Hotel in Denver. I think we got pretty lucky because I put my name on a waiting list because they didn't have any open reservations until mid-March, and someone cancelled so we got in! How lovely it was! The historic hotel is amazing with a stunning stained glass ceiling and a lot of cultural artifacts. We enjoyed afternoon tea in beautiful gold trimmed tea cups, and enjoyed traditional cucumber sandwiches and scones among many other delicious treats on a three tiered platter. We dressed well, and enjoyed the lavish afternoon. Most of you who know me well know I have a huge affinity for tea and I get to thank my English grandmother for that. She was my most favorite person in all the world, and every afternoon at her house we would always have tea and biscuits. Gratified am I that she exposed me to her culture. These are some of my fondest memories.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment