Sunday, November 2, 2014

Revamp needed?

   I've been thinking lately of revamping my blog. I love my background picture, but I'm thinking something with cleaner lines, easier to read. I'll keep thinking about it and try to tackle that when I have some time. It's kind of the same way I feel about organizing and backing up all my photos. It needs to be done, I guess I could make time but then again it;s a dreaded project. I actually think I have high school prom photos sitting in a shoe box waiting to go into an album haha. So today I tried out a photo book website called Blurb. I made an Instagram photo book. For $20 it put 44 of my photos in a small book. This is sort of a trial thing for me, if it works out well and looks good I may periodically do this to keep up with the little moments in life. I am also working on making a baby book with shutterfly. It will be a project in progress because it starts from the time we found out I was pregnant until after baby is born. This is something I don't want to get too behind on because I know one day he will appreciate looking at it.

   Halloween was this past weekend and I did have to work, but I was able to dress up a little and on Saturday we went to a costume birthday party of a guy I work with, I actually barely know him, and knew exactly 2 people there haha, but I figured what the heck can't hurt to go and try and meet some people. There was a live band which was pretty cool and we got to dress up which is always fun. We did meet another couple who have small children and I exchanged numbers with her, so maybe I'll send her a text this week, you never know when you will meet someone you really click with. Funny how the process of finding friends is almost exactly like dating. It's taken a little longer than it did when we moved to Boulder, but it's a totally different experience this time as I can't very well meet for beers or go skiing. Hopefully we will meet some like minded folks in the future.

   I do, however, have great friends. I just wish they were all closer to me! A few weeks ago while in Boulder, I met up with a few girlfriends for a beautiful afternoon tea party. Caitlyn threw the most gorgeous shower for me and my little one and I was showered with love from some very sweet women! Thank you all for coming to see me and thank you Caitlyn for such a great day! My very first tea party and I felt like a princess! Only 9 weeks left until we meet our little Viking! We are super excited, and I am super excited not to be pregnant anymore! HA HA Oh I guess it's not that bad, but man I will be so happy the day I can sleep on my stomach again and be able to eat more than a pea without getting short of breath! I know it's only going to get harder from here, but I can do it!


















No comments:

Post a Comment