Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Decisions decisions...

The holidays are almost over, and boy I am ready! Don't get me wrong I love Christmas as much as anyone else, but when the chaos is done, so am I. I'm over the eating, over the stress, over the alcohol and over my house being a mess! I packed up the Christmas tree and lights today and all that's left is a pile of tree needles to be picked up. The only thing I am not excited about the holidays being over is that means we are closer to leaving our wonderful families and friends ::sad face:: BUT a couple have already started planning their trips out to see us ::happy face::!! I get to see Tessa and Erik at the end of February and Clay and a few of his friends are gonna meet us to go skiing in Vail. All in all I had a great Christmas! Hubs made my parents and I a lovely traditional Icelandic dinner on Christmas eve. Although I have to admit the hangikjöt aka smoked lamb, was not my most favorite Icelandic dishes. I think it's the smoked flavor, because I'm not crazy abut smoked salmon either. After dinner mom, dad, hubs and I all stayed up very late playing cards, where my mom whooped up on us bug time, and dad swore I cheated( I did not!) It was a grand time, we don't do that stuff often enough. We spent Christmas at my parents and ate yummy beef tenderloin, smoked by my dad, BBQ king! With English Yorkshire pudding, just like grandma used to make :) We watched 'The Christmas Story' and everyone played with their new toys! Santa was AWESOME to me this year and I got a pretty rad gift! So I passed on my laptop to my mom who was super excited to get his first ever laptop, and she played with it all afternoon. We ended the day by going on a horseback ride. Can't get any better than that folks.

On some Colorado notes, we will start the dreaded packing this week. No clue where to start. We are going to have to change out our truck for a 4x4 in order to get around in the snow and mountains, and especially if I have to pull a horse trailer! Not that I have one...yet... But who knows what the future holds! I also got offered a job in CO by a travel agency. No, don't get too excited.. It's for a night position with crappy pay. Boo! I don't know if I should just take it to have a job, after all it is only a 13 week contract, or if I should hold out and see if something better comes along. I hate not knowing what could be right around the corner! I think what if I sign this contract, and then a better offer comes in, or a great full time position, and now I am in a 3 month contract and can't do anything about it. I think I am just going to pray on it tonite, and hopefully God will help me figure this one out. I need to put this is His hands because I am getting a little overwhelmed. The right fit is out there for me, we just have to find each other:)

For now, there's just New Years Eve to celebrate! Woohoo, fun times ahead:D

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I stumbled across your blog while googling hangikjot as I'm trying to find it in Denver. My family is Icelandic and we had it for Christmas dinner growing up and I miss it [although I'll admit, it is a tad smokey and not for everyone :)] Did your husband find it locally, ship it from somewhere or go above and beyond and smoke it himself? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hæ Hæ! My in laws smuggled that one in for us :) I have not looked locally, but it might be possible to find as there is so much more international traffic here in CO. We actually found Reyka vodka! Do you live locally? There is a handful of Icelanders here in Boulder and we all meet up quite often, would love to me another!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Broomfield but work in Boulder and would love to meet up with fellow Icelanders. Although, I feel I must clarify that I'm only half Icelandic and don't remember much of the language as I haven't been around it since I was a kid. I do make a killer veneterta though! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats okay, I am not Icelandic at all and my attempt at speaking makes me sound like a kindergartener! We actually live in Erie, but Árni my husband works in Boulder. Send me your email address and let's get in touch! By the way Gleðilega Hati!!

    ReplyDelete