Tuesday, December 21, 2010

T minus 26 days

Wow, in just 26 days we will be on our way to Colorado to start our new adventure. I'll try my best to make this post as optimistic as possible, but I'm feeling a little down and gloomy about jobs right now. I talked to two recruiters today from two different companies. Both said there were still NO jobs for a RN in CO. Now, true I know there are jobs, just not for travelers. I'm not sure what to think, because one of the recruiters asked me if I was looking for a full time job, which, I didn't lie, I am, just would rather have a travel job first. So she then precedes to tell me that she knows nurses that have been trying to get jobs for months with no success. I don't know if she is just trying to scare me, so I  won't look elsewhere, or if it is true. I went into nursing because it is such a diverse field that is in such high demand, er well that's what I was told. But now since this whole world effing sucks for jobs, it seems to be way harder. Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I'm a flipping critical care nurse!!! I am more trained than most nurses, and operate on a high level. They should be blowing up my phone to have me work for them. I have only been applying for jobs for a few weeks, so I'm not desperate yet, but damn cut a sister a break! Ask my husband, I am a worrier by nature, especially when it comes to money, and I have had a job consistently since I was 14, I don't know how to not work, nor do I want to know. Especially when we move to CO, if I don't have a job OR my horses, I'll just DIE! Okay I know I am being a bit dramatic, but UGH!

OKAY! That's all the complaining I will do for one post! Now to the good stuff! Hubs and I got back from CO Sunday, after spending a week there. Good news! We found our future home and put a deposit on it. It's a lovely  2b/2b condo with a great mountain view and lots of updates. It will be quite a change leaving our beautiful home with a yard to move into a condo on the 3rd floor. At first I had a major anxiety fest after we signed the lease, it made it so real! But after having some time to calm down I realized it is not the end of the world, and people move away from home everyday. It will take some adjusting, but we will survive. It's like every semester when I start classes I am SO overwhelmed and think "I'll never make it!" But you know what? I ALWAYS do! I'm thinking of this the same way; overwhelming in the beginning, but we WILL make it! I admire my brother and sister in law; they moved from Iceland to Germany with a small child! They didn't know anyone, didn't have jobs or even speak the language and you know what? They are doing just fine! So We can do this! =)
I spent most of the time in CO by myself as DH had to work during the week. You would have thought I would have been lonely, but actually I was quite content hanging alone. I walked all around downtown taking pictures, shopping and I even found a yoga studio that I went to every morning. So let me tell you downtown is a VERY eclectic place with lots of hard core yoga gurus. I went to one class that was totally out in outer space!  But the other classes I went to were better and I actually learned some great stuff to take back to FL with me. I also went hiking by myself, and had a good time although I'll admit I thought I may get eatin by a bear or mountain lion the whole time! EEK! We ended the week with a nice snow of a few inches, just enough to make it look like Christmas , and then we drove to Wyoming! We went to the capital, Cheyenne, which was literally a one horse town! We walked around, went to a museum, saw some buffalo and then headed to Ft Collins for what was advertised on Yelp as the best cinnamon buns in the state. They weren't lying!

Sunday evening after getting off the plane, I met a few of my gfs to go to Arabian nights and then to have some martinis, boy what fun we have! La Bamba ( Kati's car) nearly killed us ;) and Olga had to ride in the car seat, but we still had a blast! Man I am gonna miss those crazy girls! Last night we had our going away party which was Tacky Christmas sweater themed! I'll attach a picture. What goofs we are! We had some great food and spirits and fantastic people to share it with. Then a few of us stayed up until 3 am to watch the once in a lifetime lunar eclipse! I think they say it happens like once ever 456 years, so it REALLY was once in a lifetime! All in all a great December we are having. I'm not working, which I am still getting used to. I still feel like I need to go to bed early because I'll have to get up to work in the morning! Tomorrow I am having lunch with a couple of ladies I went to nursing school with, and then hopefully I can head out to the barn for some fresh air! If I don't get to blog again before Christmas, Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment