Sunday, October 21, 2012

Weekend Warrior

    As always our weekends are chock-full. Friday we had our friends Soley an Hugi over for a dinner party. This past spring they had a whole Elk processed and gave me a beautiful arm roast. I offered to save it and cook it up for all of us and we finally got around to doing that. I have cooked plenty of beef roasts before but never an elk. Being very lean meat, I had to be careful not to over cook it. Well it turned out superb and was medium rare and delicious! So thank you guys for that! We also introduced Hugi to Bob Ross and his "Happy Little Trees" LOL!
   On Saturday I met my friend Jessica for a horse back ride at Hall Ranch. What amazing weather we had! She brought us lunch from a little place called St. Vrains Market and we ate in this grassy meadow surrounded by white tail deer resting under the trees with an outstanding view of Long's Peak. Jess is from California and is a pretty recent transplant to Colorado. We both agreed on how remarkable Colorado is and how lucky we are to live here.
   Today we are having a "Halloween Night". Our friends Nina & Paul are coming over to watch classic scary movies and I have a whole Monster Feast prepared. I'll post those pictures in a later blog. I'll conclude with some pictures from this weekend and also one from a hike I did with Giselle to the pumpkin fields earlier in the week!

My Little hiking buddy

Arni browning the Elk Roast..yummm!

Hugi running from my camera


My Lovelies.





White Tail Deer under the trees


No comments:

Post a Comment