Monday, September 16, 2013

Finally an update

Ok Ok, I have no real good excuse for not updating in a while other than life caught up with me and I didn't chose to spend my time online. I'll admit that is not necessarily a bad thing, but I know some people miss the posts and keeping up with out life and lets admit why you are all here... the pictures! But before the pictures you must deal with my ramblings. I am going to attempt to post quit a few blogs in the near future to catch you guys up on our year so far, mostly just blogs with pictures, including our annual road trip.

Summer came and went and now we are approaching fall. The weather still feels like summer, but slight changes such as cooler evenings and some leaves turning golden indicate that WINTERS COMIN'! Arni and I have elected to remain in Colorado through the holidays this year, but are open for visitors! We have been traveling almost every Christmas it seems and we are just plumb worn out.

As for new news, I recently took a new (2nd) job to supplement my agency work. I LOVE working agency, but I was beginning to dread the drive everyday to Denver. So I opted to find a job closer to home and just work agency as supplemental income. I got hired at an ASC working with children in the recovery room and the best part is that it is a 5 min commute! Or if I'm feeling really energetic, a 15 min bike ride! I cannot even begin to explain how happy this makes me! More time for my horses, for me, and to do things like blogging instead of sitting for 2 hours in traffic everyday. I found I would come home angry and then I couldn't figure out why, when overall I hadn't had a bad shift at all. Then it started to occur to me my commute was giving me a sour attitude and I knew I had to do something about it. So anyway, I applied and got the job =) And for those of you wondering, nurses are by in large a transient group of people, or as I like to call myself, a Gypsy.

So that pretty much sums up my first post of hopefully many more, hope my readers tune back in and for those of you still on facebook, feel free to share the link with friends.

Cheers!



Some of the flash flooding in Colorado:






No comments:

Post a Comment