Saturday, October 23, 2010

Schnitzels!!

So in just a few, Arni and I are off to take the in laws to a local German restaurant, called the European Cafe and Schnitzel house for some schnitzels!! Really I just like saying schnitzel! We figured this would be an appropriate eatery as my mother in law is half German and Arni's brother and his wife also live in Deuchland! Hope it's good! Anyway so after the mass amounts of crap food I have eaten lately ( no, I am not the one on holiday, although Arni and I have been eating as if we are..) I've decided to add to my "Cold Turkey" list ( Yes, I had to explain this metaphor to my cute Icelandic husband.. there is many things I have to explain.. most of the time it is just amusing). Two years ago I decided to give up fast food, and I am proud to say I have not eaten a single morsel of McDonalds/Burger King yada yada.. and this year I gave up diet soda ( had given up regular a while ago) and for the most part I've done well with this, with the exception of about 4 diet sodas on special occasions.. but hey it's October and I can count on one hand the amount of coke I have drank.. big improvement from the 2-3 diet cokes I drank almost daily! So my next goal; I think will benefit me the most but will be the hardest: Give up processed/white sugar. Yep, that means no more candies/cookie/ ís/ kleinur!! AHH!!!! But I can do it. I have decided to make exceptions for Holidays, but only for the actual holiday.. not everyday in the month of Christmas, haha. Wish me luck, I figure if I declare it publicly I will have better chance of sticking to it ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment